Saturday, December 27, 2008

"I heard a noise!"











On Christmas morning, Karter told me that he woke up in the night because he had heard a noise. I asked him what noise and he said, "I heard, 'Ho! Ho! Ho! There's nobody watching me, so they must all be asleep.'"
This year was our first time having Christmas by ourselves. Even last year we were here in Cheyenne (Ty had just been born) but we had family visiting. We did really miss our families, but still had a great time. We did a lot of playing. And we look forward to a short visit from mom and dad Arritt.
I just love Christmas and am so sad it's over. I love Karter's excitement. Some of my favorite things about this year:
*Decorating the house while singing and dancing to Christmas music.
*Seeing Karter's Christmas program
*Ty discovering our singing Christmas puppy
*Helping Karter with his letter to Santa
*Making Christmas cookies on Christmas Eve
*Karter being excited for and very attentive when we talked about the Birth of Baby Jesus.
*Although I know it's not the most important part of Christmas, I feel grateful for all the gifts given and received.
The Spirit of Love and Giving is everywhere and I love it!

4 comments:

kate n. said...

Hi Karley! Thought I'd stop in on your blog... Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas and Karter got his marble race toy he wanted! What a nice Santa. My kids love theirs too, but it's not quite as fancy as yours. I hope you are enjoying Wyoming!

Henry Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great holiday! I love the note Karter wrote to Santa. What a precious keepsake.

Barney Family Blog said...

Karter's not is so cute!! Kids make Christmas time so much more fun. I love to see al their excitement.
By the way I am way impressed at your cardboard crafts. Karter is so lucky he has such an artistic mom. What a great idea!

Cali said...

Cute, cute, cute letter from Karter. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas--I'm so glad! I should have checked your blog roll long ago--I just discovered so many new blogs from friends in OR! Thanks so much! Have a wonderful day, friend.