Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Buggy!










Our little Ty-Ty isn't so little anymore. He had his first birthday yesterday, and the entire day was so much fun. It started out watching Karter's preschool Christmas program which was adorable- Kollan even got some time off of work to see the program, and then to go to lunch!
Later on, we had some friends over for cake and ice cream (we even had Papa and Namnam Arritt and Grandma Bell on webcam)! I made a Baby Einstein caterpillar cake because Ty LOVES Baby Einstein and gets especially excited when he sees the caterpillar crawl onto the screen each time. The drawing of Ty next to the cake was a gift from my Dad who is the most talented artist in the world. After the party, Ty opened some fun new toys! It was a very fun night.
And I am happy to report that the fun night continued when Ty slept through the whole night! He has done that a few new times now! Yea!
We feel so thankful to have Ty in our family. He is extremely happy and funny. He is very active and hates to sit with us, but would rather be walking ALL THE TIME. That makes a few things, like church, a challenge, but we're glad that he has energy and loves to enjoy life. We love his great smile and cute laugh and he really brings so much happiness to our family. I wish I could keep him this age for a really long time.

7 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

That is such a cute cake!

Cali said...

Excellent cake--what a fun idea! I thought that the drawing of Ty was a photograph--he really is an amazing artist. I'm so glad that it was such a fun day! And-congrats on the full night of sleep to you, too! That's hard work on a mommy to help your little one learn to sleep!

Kirk and Falycia said...

At first glance I thought the drawing of Ty was a picture. He is so cute, especially with all his drool. I love it, his smile is so infectious. It sound like you've got the parenting thing figured out, I hope our kids will sleep through the night.

Bell Family Blog said...

That cake is Awesome! It is so cute, what a great idea! I can't believe he is already one!! And I am so happy that he is sleeping better for you! We miss you guys so much and hope you have a great Christmas! XOXOXO

Unknown said...

Ty is a cutie! And he knows how to throw a party, all of us had a good time. I hope he keeps sleeping through the night. That would be a really good Christmas present.

Jake and Krista said...

That cake is so cute! I always wasnt to get creative like that, but it never turns out! He is a cute kid...both of them!

Sterzers said...

I'm such a bad aunt!! Happy birthdya to Ty! I'm so impressed by your cake!!! Looks like it was a fun day!