Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I am Thankful!





This post is a bit late, but I do hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. We sure did. I do have to admit that I was the tiniest bit concerned when our power went out in the middle of cooking the feast. Actually I was very frustrated and kept thinking "of all days- why today?" But it worked out fine. After 20 or 30 minutes without power, my wonderful husband took our turkey out to our wonderful BBQ grill which worked wonderfully. Then, in another 20 or 30 minutes, the power came back on and I definitly realized how thankful I am for electricity! Sometimes I need a reminder of all the things that are so great in my life which I sometimes take for granted. I loved that my mom could come for Thanksgiving, and we also had our friend Maria come over. She has lived in the states only a short time (she's from Puerto Rico) and she is the sweetest girl, who got a kick out of listening to my mom and I attempt speaking Spanish.
Most of all, I feel so grateful for all of my family. I love my husband and two wonderful boys. I feel like I was born into (and married into) the best families ever. I was so glad my mom could come for Thanksgiving. It's always so fun to have her stay, and I was especially glad to have someone to go to the movie Twilight with and to brave Black Friday shopping with me. (I couldn't have paid Kollan to do either!)
With Mom here, we put up the Christmas decorations and made cookies- I just love the holiday season!!

2 comments:

Sterzers said...

Sounds like a fun week! How did you like Twilight? I have to say that I was a little disapointed but other people I know have liked it! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving love you guys.

Kim-the-girl said...

I would scream if my power went out during Thanksgiving prep! It looks like you guys did VERY well though, it looks delicious. How fun to have your mom!