Monday, December 22, 2008

Cardboard Crafts!





I thought I'd pass along (to everyone with preschool-aged children) how fun it is to make something fun out of cardboard. Because we can't play outside, Karter and I decided to make something and looked on sproutonline for ideas, where we saw an airplane made from a cardboard box. Anyway, here are some of the reasons I'm recommending this to you:
1. It was something fun for Karter and I to do together.
2. It was free! We used stuff we already had.
3. We used our creativity, and it was exciting. I would say, "Oh, and we should paint it!" Then Karter would say, "Let's add autopilot!" Then I wanted the propellor and steering wheel to really turn, and switches inside that he could also turn, and Karter had the very great and practical idea of making a door. So fun.
4. Not only did we use creativity, but now that it's finished and Karter is playing with it, he's using his imagination. He has flown to Florida many times (he knows where to go to get warm).

Please pass on back any inside activities that you think are fun! Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a fun mom! So far my boys have watched a lot of TV over Christmas break. I don't have any fun indoor activities. I'll just have to steal yours. We do have boxes, now we'll have to get some paint. Oh I think I feel a trip to hobby lobby coming on :)

Angela said...

I'm so glad you found me!! Your kids are adorable. Karter is HUGE! I didn't realize his middle name is McKay - knowing that would have helped me back when I was begging my husband to let me name our son that..oh well, he caved in afterall anyway. Keep in touch!

Henry Family said...

Sooo cute! I love this idea!

Kirk and Falycia said...

That looks like so much fun! You are so creative! Wished we could have seen you for christmas. Love you guys!