Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Robin and Vader

Halloween was a lot of fun. A couple months earlier, Ty told me he REALLY wanted to be Robin this year. So, I found a great deal for his costume and thought, "Perfect! We already have a Batman costume. They can be Batman and Robin!"

But then, in talking to Karter he told me he REALLY wanted to be Darth Vader. So I found a good deal on a Darth Vader costume and thought, "Perfect! If I can convince Ty not to be Robin, we already have a Jedi costume he can wear. They can be Vader and a Jedi!"

In the end, I let them each be what they REALLY wanted to be, and bought both costumes, knowing that they would play in them repeatedly at home. And they do dress up in them all the time.


Trick or treat on Main street. Fun, but crowded.
We also went around our neighborhood later on.

Ty was funny at the beginning of October when we got out our decorations. We started putting them around the house and talked about how Halloween was coming up. After a few minutes, he stopped, looked at me with such an excited face, and exclaimed, "At Halloween time, people give me CANDY!!!!!" Haha! It took a minute, but he remembered!
WAY too much candy, but super fun Halloween!!

2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Super cute boys! I don't know how people ever convince their kids to go along with a theme... themes are fun for pictures, but they don't matter on Halloween, all that matters is that the kids are happy and it appears that yours are!

Kirk and Falycia said...

So cute! I love the costumes!