Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kollan's Birthday!

Kollan just celebrated his 32nd birthday this past week!
Sometimes I feel bad that I don't make a big deal of his birthdays like I do for the boys, but he's definitely not one that likes to be the center of attention (for instance, he never wants a party).
But I thought I could at least try to make a special day for him, and embarrass him a little on the blog by writing about how amazing he is.

And he really is amazing. Kollan is a good, caring person. He is a fun, teasing Dad, and a loving, hardworking husband. He is a talented athlete who amazes me with his golf, basketball, softball and even ping pong skills. He is secretly very funny and goofy, but he only lets his close family members see this side of him, so you may not believe it. He is very smart and has an amazing memory. He cares about people and is always happy to serve and help others however he can. He's a great Optometrist and I'm very proud of all he does. He is amazingly good to me and I'm very grateful to have him in my life forever. The boys and I love you Kollan!

I loved the book that Karter wrote, titled, "Dad's the best."
And the little blue card in front was made by Ty, who amazes me with his writing at such a young age.
The boys and I tried our hands at cake pops. Well, we didn't have sticks, so they're cake balls. They may not be pretty but they were made with love.
Here he is after work, as we were getting ready to go out to dinner! Yum!
Happy Birthday Kollan!

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Happy birthday Kollan!

Bell Family Blog said...

What a cute post Karley. Happy Birthday Kollan, we think you're quite amazing as well and we love you! Geez you're boys are sprouting like beans! You have such smarties, wow I can't believe Ty can write like that! Miss you guys and Aaron's missin Kollans mad ping-pong skills, mine just don't compare ;)

Sterzers said...

Kollan is awesome!! I'm so lucky to have him as my brother. Looks like you and the boys made it a fun day for him. :) We get to see you in about a week!!