Thursday, September 09, 2010

Well, we decided... Karter's in First Grade.


Some already know, but this was a VERY HARD decision for us. We had been leaning toward Karter repeating Kindergarten since we moved to a new school- after all, he's very young, pretty small, and could use a little maturing. But, after all was said and done we decided he's much much too smart and the Kindergarten here is only 2 1/2 hrs a day. Which means that even in the first grade they are still doing basics and he is very ahead.

He seems to really enjoy it. He even told me one day, "Mom, I'm a lot better than I was in Kindergarten." I asked him what he meant by that and he said, "I'm nicer to others then I used to be in Kindergarten. I listen to my teacher. I raise my hand. I share." I always thought he did pretty well at those things, but great!
He seems to have friends and he's not shy. I had to laugh one day after school when he told me that he had met 3 bullies. I asked him how he knew they were bullies, and he replied simply,
"I asked them." I guess the kids told him they were in fact bullies, but Karter says they are nice ones, so that's good I guess.
Well, so far so good. Hopefully we've made the right decision!

5 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

I know we'll be facing a similar decision with Levi next year... if he should go to Kindergarten or PreK again. We're hoping that this year he matures a lot! Good luck!

Bell Family Blog said...

Karter is so funny! I love your new family photo!! You look so pretty, Do you have any copies??? :)

Cali said...

He's such a cute boy. Do you like the area you live in? Is the school close to your home? I hope that it is all well--Karter sounds really happy at least!

Chrystie said...

Karley, I LOVE the new family photo. Super cute. I would really like a digital copy if you wouldn't mind emailing one.
So glad Karter is happy. That is half the battle. Keep us posted. How is little Ty all day by himself?

Henry Family said...

Karter just says the cutest things! Clarris starts Kindergarten next Fall. We didn't get here in time to get her into pre-K and I'm not at all sorry. Both pre-K and Kinder are a full day of school!