Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Utah Trip- The end of summer

Karter, Ty and I made the long trip down to Utah, stopping briefly in Idaho to see Papa and Nam Nam. The main point of going was because my brother Aaron and his family had just moved back to Utah from Texas and it had been 2 years since we'd seen them.
While there, we went to a surprise dinner for Aaron that his wife,
Katie had planned to celebrate his recent graduation from Chiropractic school.
It was at Los Hermanos and Aaron was very surprised!

This is Katie, who I just think is so great! The boys and I spent as mush time as possible with Aaron, Katie, Emma and Chloe and we had such a blast! The kids are close in age and get along so well. And I loved hanging out with Aaron and Katie!
Karter loves playing with all his cousins. Emma and Karter are only 1 month apart in age.


I was so glad to get to see Sheena and Cheree too! This crazy girl on the left is Sheena.








Cheree and family. Her twin boys are so chunky and cute!





Smores at Aaron and Katie's apartment. So fun!






Emma (she's the sweetest girl!)


Chloe (this girl is TROUBLE- but very cute!)



My cute Ty-Ty, who ate both a regular sized smore,
and a giant smore.


Karter and his giant smore
(which Ty actually finished for him- what a thoughtful brother!)

We spent one day at Lagoon and we had so much fun that I couldn't believe how quickly the time went by. We were there from 11 to 7:30.
This picture makes me laugh.
Ty looks like his concentrating so hard on the next turn and Chloe looks like she's completely bored.



The 4 were overjoyed to find a ride where they could all be in the same spaceship together.
I love the look between Karter and Emma.

Karter's favorite ride.


Love this!


The kids got a bit crazy

When it got too hot, they had a blast in the fountains.
I couldn't believe how soaked Karter got.
They are so cute together!!



Ty didn't like the fountains to run through but found a nearby fountain where he could put his hand on a cool rock. He sat there for at least 10 minutes and I couldn't unglue him from the cold water.


Uncle Aaron's kindof a funny character.





I love my cute boys!




I love this face!
What a very fun time!!
I'm lucky to have such fun family! I got to see all my siblings, my mom, lots of extended family and some of Kollan's family too. But I'm also glad to be back home with my cute husband!

3 comments:

Bell Family Blog said...

Great post Karley, you make me laugh! :) Im so glad you made that trip and we want to come see you guys when Emma has a long weekend or even a week off from school if you can stand us for that long hehe Aw I miss your boys already, they are so much fun! Love your pics, Im going to have to steal some of them, especially the one with Aaron's surprise face at the restaurant :) Love you! Hugs

Monica said...

What a fun trip! I love how Karter is holding up his pinkie finger while he's eating his s'more. So hilarious. Your boys are getting so big. We should get our kids together next time you're here if you have time :)

Kim-the-girl said...

Your family does look like loads of fun! How fabulous that you're still close enough for a trip like this... someday I hope we are too...