Thursday, April 30, 2009

Strange way to wake up

So, I'm just not good at getting up. When I hear my kids in the morning, I still have to lay there a few minutes until I feel fully functional. This morning, I was somewhat aware of Karter coming into my room wearing a bucket on his head. He went all around the room randomly hitting different objects, and asked me if they sounded the same, or not. My responses were something like, "Umm, maybe." "Probably not." "Uh..." "Sure." and "I just really don't know." Eventually, he excitedly told me, "Great job! You get this official hat! And here's a prize you can give to your husband." So, when I fully realized that I was laying there with a yellow bucket on my head and was holding a shoebox lid with a golf ball on it, then it hit me.... I had woken up just in time to be on a morning gameshow.

p.s. Be glad there are no pictures!

7 comments:

Amber said...

I know how you feel about mornings. I'm the same way. Let's hope there wasn't a hidden camera videoing the "game show" and you end up being on YouTube in the near future. :-)

Monica said...

Karter is a total crack up!! I love hearing stories about him from Kathy and Kelly. :)

Cali said...

Oh what a wonderful way to wake up! I can just picture you and hear Karter's voice. Oh, you have me laughing again!

Kim-the-girl said...

That is hilarious!!! What a funny character!

Sterzers said...

hahaha that is so funny!!! Thanks for sharing. We just got the new pictures of your cute boys in the mail thanks!!

laughingitupwiththepetersons@blogspot.com said...

I only wish that some where there was a hidden camera. That would have totally made the Funniest Home Video. Great job. That is so funny. I know how you feel some mornings.

Mark said...

This is actually Ashley. Mark was signed in.

I was just on facebook and saw that you know Janina Jensen Durham. I work with her. What a small world! How do you know her?