Saturday, April 18, 2009

Funny Karter

I really love Karter's thoughtful prayers and I thought I'd share a few things he's said lately:
"Please help us to be good, and very good, and to do the right things, like you."
"Please bless the food tomorrow, and thank you for the food tomorrow." (He says this almost every night. I guess we know that we're never eating unblessed food.)
"Please help us to be good and not crazy."
"Please help everyone in the whole world to not have any nightmares at nap or bedtime."
"Please help everyone in the whole world to be good."

(After we had read one of his Book of Mormon Stories one night, I had explained how the men in the scriptures had lived on Earth a long time ago and now they live in heaven). That night in his prayers he said, "Please help King Noah to be good now that he's in heaven.

Karter and Ty share a room and I love to listen to them after I put them to bed. Most of the time I hear laughing and playing, but one night since it was late I asked them to go right to sleep and then I listened outside their door. I heard:
Karter: "Ty, let's be on our best behavior."
Ty: (crazy noises)
Karter: "That's not our best behavior."
Ty: (more noises)
Karter: "Oh, Ty."

I had to laugh, especially since I hadn't used the term "best behavior"- that was all Karter.

4 comments:

Scott said...

What a cutie!

Sterzers said...

They are such cuties! I love your new blog design! looking good!

Eden Ward Young Women said...

Karter sounds so sweet. I love it!

Barney Family Blog said...

It sounds to me like Karter and Ty have one amazing mother, and Karter is following from the great example he has!