Wednesday, October 05, 2011

August in a glance

In August, we took a quick weekend trip up to Washington.
First, we visited my Uncle Doug, Aunt Marsha, and cousin Heidi.
They took us to a Renaissance Fair and it was a pretty big thing.
The boys enjoyed getting knighted by a "queen."


The equestrian acrobats were pretty amazing.
Afterwards, we had a fun picnic!
And a beautiful walk.


The boys were SUPER excited to travel by ferry.


We got delayed while we waited for an ambulance to board.


We were so glad we got to see my Dad for his birthday.
First he let the boys play with his web camera program, as you can see they laughed and laughed.
I love this picture of my Dad and the boys!

And lastly, at the end of August, school started again.
Here is my big 2nd grader!
I love the excitement on the first day of school.
Karter has a nice brand new school to go to!
He even gets to sit by one of his favorite friends!
Here is our first-day-of-school-blizzard tradition picture.

2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Fun stuff. What a great tradition, blizzards on the first day of school! I love blizzards and look for any good excuse to get one. :)

Kirk and Falycia said...

The boys look so cute! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!