Wednesday, March 02, 2011

If you don't mind a story about poo...

Sometimes after conversing with my boys, I just have to laugh.

Today, Ty was holding a tiny bit of dried dog poo.

He says, "Look Mom! Poo!"
me: "Ew! Are you really holding poo?!"
ty: "It's OLD poo."
me: "That doesn't matter. Go throw it away and wash your hands!"
As we wash:
Ty: "But it's OLD."
me: "That doesn't matter. Poo is poo, whether it's old or new. You don't touch it."

I had been pretty serious and disgusted, so when we went back into where Karter was, I thought about the poo-filled conversation and laughed and rolled my eyes.

Ty jumped on that and exclaimed to Karter, "It's FUNNY! Mom laughed!"
Me: "No, Ty. Holding poo really isn't funny. Please don't do it anymore."
After a reflective pause, Ty asks, "Why was I holding poo?"

4 comments:

Mark said...

I love the reflective question at the end! Your boys are so cute!

Ashley Welling said...

The Mark comment is from Ashley. I guess he was still signed into the computer! Ha ha.
--Ashley

Kim-the-girl said...

That is super funny!!!

Bell Family Blog said...

Hahahaha that's hilarious!! I Love it!! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks, eeek Im so excited!!! ;D