Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Couponing!

So far, I'm LOVING my new hobby- couponing. I'm excited to get better and faster at figuring out the deals, but I've already been saving bundles of money.
Here's my Rite Aid deal today:
Sm pack of Pampers (regular price 12.49)
6 pack of Olay body soap (reg. 8.69)
Garnier Fructis Shampoo (reg. 5.49)
EPT double pack pregnancy test (reg. 14.99)
Crest toothpaste (reg. 3.99)
Travel size Secret deodorant (reg 1.29)
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (reg. 5.19)

All things I can use. Well, not the pregnancy test yet, (I don't want anyone getting any ideas. It's for the future).
What was my total? ................. I paid 13.35 out of pocket and earned $7.00 in up rewards (to go toward my next Rite Aid purchase). $5 of my discount was up reward money I earned last week. So I guess you could say it's like I paid $11.35 for everything.
Considering that I got expensive items like diapers and pregnancy tests, I think I did pretty well. It's pretty exciting to get deals!

6 comments:

Bell Family Blog said...

Me too!!! That's what I've been doing! You have to try Dealstomeals.com This lady started it that's in my sisters ward, I save sooooo much money on my grocery shopping and there is no coupon clipping, super easy, check it out! They give you a free two week trial too. Also check out Freeflys, you can get all these free samples, and check out Mamacheaps. So How did you get those rite aid deals, and I have never heard of money up??? Did you just use coupons from the ad?

Cali said...

You scored some good deals!

I've had my days of couponing--and secretly wish I were still doing it. Maybe someday when the rest of life slows down a bit! I'm glad that you are enjoying it, and that you're saving so much money:)

Kim-the-girl said...

I just can't seem to convince myself its worth it... I'm an in and out kind of shopper (I feel like I have to be with all these kiddos). I just never score awesome deals when I try...

Kristine Pratt said...

That is so impressive. I did it once and got seriously 50+ batteries for free (I only paid tax) at Target. It kind of gives you a little "high." Anyway, I want to learn how to do more!

Chrystie said...

I need you to teach me how. I always wonder but have never gotten around to it.

Chrystie said...

I need you to teach me how. I always wonder but have never gotten around to it.