Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kindergarten!

The day started with an excited boy eating a nutritious bowl of Cinnamon Life.

Doesn't he look so grown up?
Don't be fooled, although he looks nervous and terrified- this is his excited face.
After missing the bus (yes, on the first day of school- I know that's a bad start) we drove over and I had to get this shot of Ty following (and sometimes leading) Karter down the sidewalk.
Look at him! When did he grow up?
I'm just still getting used to this school idea., especially full day.
This is Ms. Ledin- his teacher
Karter, in line with friend, River.
We didn't go inside, they line up by class and then go inside together.

And then there was one.
Wow, was it a much quieter day at our house.
But I loved my quality time with Ty.
Karter was VERY excited to ride the bus, and Ty was VERY excited just to see a bus.
Here we are at the bus stop, waiting...
....and waiting.....
Yea!!
He made it!
And he had the BEST day! I think we might just send him back tommorrow.

9 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Yay for Karter! He does look so grown up. It is so exciting for these little guys, I love it!

Eric Brie Tayli and Dre said...

Wow i can't believe you guys have a kid in school! Happy anniversary by the way!!!

Staying Healthy is Easy!! said...

That is so cool, I am so glad he liked it. It is 5:30 in the morning here and I can't sleep cuz I am so anxious for Emma today, but she is excited so we will see how it goes.

Ashley Welling said...

So cute! He looks so excited!

Sterzers said...

it looks like he did great. What a cute kid, I can't believe he is in kindergarten!

Unknown said...

i'm sure he "accidentally" missed the bus and then you HAD to drive him to school and take all those cute pictures ;o) on his first day. river said he missed me and school was too long. but yesterday when he got off the bus, the first thing he said to me was "i didn't even miss you today" it hurt a little, but i new what he meant.

Unknown said...

i know it's really "knew"....i'm a little medicated and using one hand you got to cut me a little slack :)

The Watson's said...

Karley! Aren't we too young for you to have a kindergartner?

Jake and Krista said...

I had been wondering if he was of the age! I don't think I want Alyssa to grow up!