Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas 2012

This Christmas season was so wonderful!!
I really think it might have been my favorite Christmas ever!
It started out with a wonderful surprise. Not only was my handsome 2nd grader in a fun winter concert for school, but....
He also had a solo!! He tried out for it and did terrific! He's a great singer and performer.
This was our first Christmas in our new home.
I was SO excited for this, and couldn't wait for all our family to arrive.
On Christmas Eve, we followed tradition and made our sugar cookies.
By that evening we had Gma Bell, Papa, and Namnam at our house.

Of course the boys were super excited for Christmas morning. I always try to take a picture of them all excited to go down to the tree, but when I went to their rooms I found...
2 Sleepyheads!

Ok, there we go. These are the excited morning faces I was expecting.

I loved the eager Grandparents waiting to see the kiddos come down.
Santa brought Karter Creepy Crawlers!
Santa brought Ty an easel!
It was fun to have Grandparents here for Christmas morning.
Kollan has fishing fever now. He and the boys have picked our spots for when it gets a tiny bit warmer outside.
Ty REALLY wanted Criss Cross Crash for Christmas. Yay!
Mariokart and Super Mario Bros
Ty got a funky monkey.
Christmas Bingo!! The stakes were higher this year as Namnam had cash envelope prizes!
Ping Pong!

For a few days, we were able to see Brian, Kelsie, Bridger, Kirk, Falycia, and Grandma Maxwell!


Ty's expression makes me laugh.
Our little town doesn't have a lot to do. But it does have a fish view room.

Very nice fishy faces

I love this picture!
I was so glad that Grandma Maxwell came to spend a few days with us.
It really just felt like such an amazing Christmas- full of love and family and of course celebrating the birth of our Savior. I had some precious moments with Karter as he is figuring out that Christmas really is about much more than Santa or getting gifts. They boys also created their own Christmas concert that they practiced the week before and even made programs for. They sang, and Karter learned Jingle Bells on the piano. They wanted to do the concert when all the family was at our house.
I also really loved the Christmas program our Choir put on- it was very spiritual and uplifting.
I just feel very grateful to know what I know and to have what I have.

2 comments:

Amirah said...

You guys are such a happy family!!!

Amirah, a blog skipping teen

Joe and Liz said...

Hey Karley! I didn't know you had a blog...I found it off Lindsey's. We have one too if you ever want to check it out. What cute Christmas pictures. You've got such a cute family!