Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Karter!





On Tuesday (15th) Karter turned 4 years old! Wow! Time really flies. I found out how easy he is to please when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday and he told me, "I just want a cake.... and we could go for a walk!! That would be fun!" He ended up having a friend over for the day, and then we watched Daddy play softball, ate his favorite- pizza, and had a Blues Clues cake. Then, he was spoiled with presents (thank you grandparents- he loves everything!).
Karter's such a sweet boy and Kollan and I are so grateful for him. He constantly makes me laugh. Like when a couple ladies from primary told me that they had been missing the child who was going to give the talk that day so they asked for a volunteer to give a talk. Of course Karter volunteered and went up to the little podium, where he started out, "IS EVERYONE HAVING A GREAT TIME?"
He loves to entertain whether it's telling his jokes, or singing and dancing. I'm amazed by how many songs he knows in primary or singing along to the radio. His favorite right now is Called to Serve, which he sings both verses to. I'm sure I could brag about him all day long, but I'll just end by saying that he is a great brother to Ty, a good friend, a sweet and wonderful son, and so smart and very creative. He's excited to be 4 (in fact, as I was just typing this he told me, "I'm 4 now! I'm so close to being a grown-up!).

6 comments:

Cali said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun day! I love the story about his talk in Primary--what a cute little guy.

I love the Blue's Clues cake! How did you make it?

Scott said...

He is such a cutie! I can't beleive you have a four-year-old. They just grow up soooo fast. :) I loved the story about primary. How cute is that. And, the cake is super cute too. So fun.

Kim-the-girl said...

He is a doll! He is almost a grown up now, too. Watch out...it'll be here before you know it.

Henry Family said...

Hey Karly! We found you through the Silks blog! It's nice to see you here in the "blogesphere". Your kids are adorable! We're in San Antonio. Are you still in Wyoming?

Arritt said...

The cake was one of many that you can print out a template for a nickjr.com
I thought they had a great idea of rolling out airheads for Blue's spots, but I messed that up, of course by microwaving it a couple seconds to long. I would recommend using airheads on cakes, but would suggest not heating them.

Barney Family Blog said...

Wow Time flies! Happy Birthday Karter! I love the cake, it looks awesome!! Of course I would expect nothing less from a fabulous artist such as yourself!!