Thursday, February 07, 2008

My Boys



I just love all three of my cute boys.

Karter is at such a great age. He says the funniest things, and he's so smart. (I know I'm a braggy mom).
Today, he was playing in the bathroom while I did my hair, and when I finished he said, "We're good to go." I asked him where he heard that and he said, "Rachel Ray."
Another cute one about him is quite embarrasing for me. We had some friends over for dinner, and for one reason or another I called the guy (Seth), "Sean." I didn't know why I called him the wrong name, but I felt terrible, and so embarrased. The next day, Karter and I were in the kitchen. Out of nowhere he looks at me and says, while laughing, "Seth isn't Sean. You called him Sean. That was funny." I didn't know Karter was even paying attention when I used the wrong name, and I was hoping everyone would soon forget. Karter doesn't forget anything.
I'm so proud of Karter's writing ability. Yesterday, we practiced writing the alphabet and he wrote every letter. Some of them he knows himself, and others I'll draw it for him to see, and then he'll do it. He does so well and I think it's great he can write his name too.
He's also observant. The other day I was struggling to get off one of his shirts. It just didn't want to pull off over his head. As I'm pulling, he asks, "Is it not 3T?" More impressive then knowing his size, he also knows which store each item of clothing came from. Good memory.

5 comments:

Barney Family Blog said...

That so cute!! He is so smart. Writing letters, that's impressive! How old is he again?

Cali said...

Impressive! He must take after you, of course! What a cutie.

Jake and Krista said...

I can't believe how big Karter is now! And he does say the cutest things! So I heard you are in Cheyenne, WY. Sorry- YOu probably have no idea who this is. I'm Krista, I brought Dr. wyles little boy over to play. I married Jake Despain. Anyway we'll be in Cheyenne in a week for a rotation so we should get together!

Kim-the-girl said...

I love it! I especially love that he remembers Rachel Ray teaching him things, that is too funny!

KellyAnne said...

Wow, he's so smart! Dallin is not NEARLY so good at his alphabet. He's too busy driving his cars around and making things talk to each other. It's funny how they're so close in age but such different little guys!